segunda-feira, 23 de Julho de 2012

Heavy weather...

After 22 years of sailing in Alhandra I'd never seen myself in such a mess... 12 miles under strong winds, high and tight river waves and a useless motor hanging out the stern was what we had against us yesterday evening returning from a sight seeing trip to Lisbon to watch the Tall Ships Race start...

On the way down everything was fine and I even took some pictures, on the return trip, well, things got a little bit complicated and there was no time for pics...











Lessons learned? Plenty:

1- I really need to solve the motor aeration issue (probably by lowering its mount even further);
2- I need a smaller weather jib (or a reef in the current one)
3- I need another reef in the main

But mainly:

4- I need to learn to trust my instincts better than on Windguru's...

Cheers!



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário